Tile to the 9' ceiling in a tiny bathroom?

image
brendaindelrayAugust 11, 2017

I know this is something other folks with a small bathroom have wrestled with but every bathroom is different so I am asking for opinions on my specific bathroom. It's tiny --- 5 feet wide x 7.5 feet long but with a 9' ceiling. This is an old 1924 house and I am remodeling to make it more functional while also trying to maintain a style appropriate to the house. The clawfoot tub looks charming but is ridiculously non-functional and must go --- it's too difficult to climb in to take a shower and nearly impossible to clean around. The floor is a hideous beige/brown tile so it's coming out, too. I like the current vanity so will try to reuse it. The clawfoot will be replaced with a standard cast iron tub, the floor will be a small format octagon white tile, and the walls around the tub will be a 4"x8" white subway tile. My contractor recommends tiling all the way to the ceiling but it seems to me that the tile will be overwhelming even though I do have a large window in one wall to break it up. What say you? Also, I feel like I am trading charm for function --- any ideas to add some charm back?

image

BookmarkLike

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

How to Install Tile Flush with Hardwood Floors

10 Amazing Shower Stall Ideas for Your Bathroom

A Custom Six-Pac - Truck Camper Magazine