Half Bath | A Design Dream Come True

See the before and after of this DIY half bath on a budget filled with tips for a small bathroom

After a few days of chaos, stress, illness & fun, it feels great to take a moment to decompress & share something I’ve been excited about completing – our half bathroom. In the midst of chaos, I find sanity in organization, peace in pretty. Even if the rest of me feels out of sorts, at least this little half bath doesn’t. I often start projects – multiple at one time, never truly finishing one. Do you do that? I decided that this Spring, I would take some time to complete each space, giving each the finishing touches I always intended to, but neglected to do in favor of a new project {#celebratehome}. Our tiny little half bath is now everything I dreamed it would be! Here are a couple before photos for reference:

see the before & after of this DIY bathroom remodel on a budget

The space was tight, dark & dated. The countertop over the toilet made me claustrophobic & the white carpeting, well, you know.

see the before & after of this DIY bathroom remodel on a budget

We started remodeling the half bath immediately after moving into our home. We opened it up by removing the existing vanity & wall-to-wall countertop. What we didn’t do, was replace the light fixture & complete it with artwork. Seems simple, but sometimes I start spinning so fast, I just stall out! The existing light fixture was a pendant. In effort to refrain from drywall repair {& an unhappy husband}, I needed to replace it with another pendant. Unfortunately, I found that most are too small, too large or feel too kitchen-y. Finding this chandelier from Lamps Plus gave me the motivation I needed to decorate & finish the half bath! {Um, ya’ll sold them out after this post. Maybe they’ll have more in soon?}

Beautiful bathroom pendant chandelier

I love adding fresh flowers to a bathroom. It’s the ultimate bathroom decor. When we’re having guests over, I always pick up a few blooms at the grocery store & create a little arrangement. On an average day, I have dried lavender or dried hydrangea. Either way, I like the color & vibe it adds to the space. Flowers = happiness to me!

Tips for a beautiful bathroom on a budget

It’s no surprise that I had to have this peony print from Minted. I loved the mix of mint & pink. It was just the pop of color this bathroom had been lacking the last 2.5 years. I now smile every time I pass by it. Lucky for me, they come ready in a frame! That’s just the kind of easy this girl needs.

Peony art print with shades of pink & mint

I also couldn’t resist this bright & beautiful piece.

How to decorate a small bathroom

To maximize the space in this small bathroom, Chris removed the cabinet doors to create open shelves. Our towels & toilet paper are easily accessible in baskets & don’t seem so unsightly when paired with a little art & my collection of mint julep cups.

Small bathroom storage ideas - how to open up the space to add light & function

Small bathroom storage ideas - how to open up the space to add light & function

Small bathroom storage ideas

ideas for a small bathroom - renovating and decorating on a budget

Pretty half bathroom remodel on a budget

Small half bathroom remodel ideas

DIY half bathroom on a budget

Pretty bathroom faucet

A tiny half bath full of easy ideas!

Do you have any unfinished projects?

You can pin this project for later here:

Small bathroom remodel before & after - filled to the brim with space saving ideas on a budget!

LET’S CONNECT!

instagram | newsletter | facebook | pinterest 

entertaining expert and lifestyle blogger Julie Blanner

SHOP THIS POST

image

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

How to Install Tile Flush with Hardwood Floors

10 Amazing Shower Stall Ideas for Your Bathroom

A Custom Six-Pac - Truck Camper Magazine