Short showers (in height) - bath bathroom remodel

, inexpensive, off-the-shelf shower options. Do you know where to find showers sorted by size? Do you know where to find oddly-sized home products? Do you have obscure and wonderful knowledge about shower stall options?


I'm looking to install a shower (or tub, I suppose) in my bathroom. It's a DIY project, and my budget is low.

The confounding issue is that the ceiling slopes down (not the entire ceiling, actually, just the 12" or so closest to the north wall), making many off-the-shelf options too tall. At 32" from the corner, I only have 70" (at best 71") in height. The ceiling slopes down, so at 36" out, there's only 68" in height. This bathroom is installed in an attic, and this is one spot where there's no slack to go up; the roof is not far above the drywall here.

Most of what I've been finding is 72" of shower surround + 4-6" of shower pan = 76=78" (in part because code here in California requires waterproof walls for 6’ above the floor). Take this one, for instance. It has a 32" x 32" base, but even though its nominal height is 70 3/4", its assembled height (once you put the door above the floor plan) is 74". As you can see from that example, the height of the exterior shower wall (glass or whatever it is) becomes the real issue.

Finding a short shower surround is more optional, since I could just tile the walls myself if I had to, on trim a corner off a pre-made shower surround, though I'm nervous about both options. It's the exterior shower enclosure that has remained difficult to find. I've even started to look at glass walls for bathtubs, which are conventionally 60" high. That's so short that spray might come out the top, but if I could find a tall shower base, it might work.

My dream shower would be 30-32" wide, 42-48" long, 69" tall including shower pan and door, and cost $600 or less. (The short end would be the one where the nozzle comes out.) But what can't budge is the height/width relationship created by the sloping ceiling. Any ideas? I'm in Oakland if you have any local ideas.

Thanks for any help or ideas you have.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

How to Install Tile Flush with Hardwood Floors

10 Amazing Shower Stall Ideas for Your Bathroom

A Custom Six-Pac - Truck Camper Magazine