How to Clean Glass Shower Doors (the easy way!)
Everybody has their own ways of cleaning. I have noticed that people have different ideas of clean. And I have really noticed this as I have looked around the internet (Hello, Pinterest!) to find solutions to household cleaning questions. I often run into “solutions” that just don’t work for my housekeeping problem. My latest problem was our spotty, streaky, hard water stained glass shower. You might not have noticed it immediately upon stepping into my bathroom, but I hated how spotty my glass shower was. Mind you, it was really upon close inspection, that you would have noticed my clear problem. And so I went to the internet to solve all my household problems. What I wanted was “like-new” shower glass. What I got, was not! And I tried a LOT of solutions.
And then my nerd cleaning buddy, Gil (a car glass repairman) and I were talking cleaning one day (as you do) and he gave me a discourse (seriously!) on the best products for cleaning glass. I was overwhelmed by his expertise! And the next time I was at his house, he showed me just one of the products and I was SOLD that this was the actual solution to my spotty shower glass and of course, I have to share with you!
clean glass shower doors the easy way" width="900" height="450" />
The EASY way to clean glass shower doors
Materials needed:
Tutorial:
Here’s the real-deal, almost no work involved, way to clean glass shower doors and leave them spotless and sparkling.
Step 1: Create a Paste
Dampen (not too wet!) the white Scotch-Brite pad and sprinkle a little bit of the powdered stain remover onto the surface of the pad. Rub this together to create a paste.
Step 2: Scrub
Use the white Scotch-Brite to scrub the surface of the glass. You can work up and down, across, circular, whatever! It will not scratch your glass. You may need to use a little bit of elbow grease on the really set in stains, but the product and the scrubber do most of the work for you.
Step 3: Rinse with water
After I have completed a section of glass (working from top to bottom), I rinse out the scrubber and rinse the surface of the glass with water. You can do this with the scrubber or using the handheld sprayer on your shower.
Step 4: Dry
Go over the surface of the glass with a clean, dry microfiber cloth (or other non-linting cloth) to dry it. I like to use a simple up/down, side to side method to keep streaks at bay.
THAT’S IT!
This process is really, really easy and it WORKS! Here are a couple of things to consider as you do this: make sure to clean both sides of the glass and ALWAYS, always use a squeegee as part of your daily maintenance.
If you are interested in an even nerdier product and process to keep the problem of water spots at bay for a longer time (or FOREVER!), check out my post about how we are keeping our new shower glass spotless from day one.
Leah
Simple.Home.Blessing
UPDATE:
A friend of mine used this post to clean her shower doors and the results were so great that I had to show you so you know this trick really works. Here’s what she said in her Facebook post –
“I’ve never posted about a cleaning product before, but this stuff was so awesome I’m sold! Thank you Anna Moseley for the amazing blog about cleaning glass shower doors! We have very hard water, and even though it’s treated, it made my shower doors look awful- despite frequent cleaning and scrubbing. I had tried 4 different products this past year and NOTHING worked. Below are some before and after photos. If you have glass shower doors, read this blog.
When you try this out and are also shocked by the transformation, post about it and tag me, I’d love to see your results too!
clean glass shower doors the EASY way and get incredible results - Ask Anna" width="600" height="1287" />
Did you know this is one of my most popular posts!? To see more of the posts people love click on the titles below:
This post contains some affiliate links, for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Save
Save
Save
Komentar
Posting Komentar