9 Important Things To Do Before Using A Dorm Shower
Story time! When I was a sophomore in college, the women’s bathroom was out of order for an entire semester. That meant I had to go downstairs to use that floor’s women’s restroom, which wasn’t horrible. Then, three weeks into that routine, the downstairs women’s bathroom was also out of order. That meant that I either had to walk down two flights of stairs to shower or- GASP- use the boys bathroom. I tried both, but once winter came around and the hallways started getting freezing AF, I had no choice but to use the boy’s bathroom right next to my room. And it was…awful.
While it was terrible to live like this, it also taught me how to be really resourceful when it comes to bathrooms. In case you didn’t notice, men are gross (especially 19-year-old men) so I REALLY had to be careful, especially when it came to showering. Of course, not everyone will have to use the boy’s bathroom, but there are some dorm showering tips I learned that year that everyone really needs to know. It will make everyone’s experience a lot better and trust me, that’s super important when it comes to your hygiene. So check out these things you need to do before, during, and after showering in a dorm.
Wear Shower ShoesIf you learn one thing from this post, let it be this: showers are breeding grounds for germs and bacteria, and you don't want to be stepping in that. Get some shower shoes and be sure to wear them when you head to the shower. Image Source: GettyWipe Down The Shower BeforeIt's not a bad idea to wipe down the shower before you had in there. You don't need to go in with bleach and a mop, but some antibacterial wipes wouldn't be a bad idea. They can quickly destroy germs and all that nasty gunk in there. Image Source: GettyKeep It QuickI know it sucks, but there are probably a dozen other people who are trying to use that shower as well. I'm not saying you should go for a 30 second shower, but don't spend three hours in there. Just be courteous to other people who are also 15 minutes late to class and have to fit in a quick shower. Image Source: GettyBring Two TowelsThis isn't super necessary, but I would always do it since I am a mess of a person who would always drop my towel on the gross bathroom floor. Luckily, I would bring an extra so that I wouldn't have to wear the yucky towel on my body. If you're klutz like me, you might want to think about this. Image Source: GettyOr Consider A RobeRobes are also a good investment. It can be a little scary to walk through the hallway in just a towel, not to mention the fact that it can get really cold in the winter. Robes are comfy AF and will help you dry off quicker. It's a good idea to get one! Image Source: GettyRemember A Shower CaddyYou might think that you can carry all of your bottles and containers to the shower, but once they get wet and slippery, all bets are off. A shower caddy is cheap and important, and will help you not only bring your things to the shower, but also bring them back to your room so you don't forget anything. I know I used to leave expensive products in the shower that would ~disappear~ after I left it in there for just a few minutes. Image Source: GettyRemember To Clean That Shower CaddyIn addition to having one, you really need to clean out that shower caddy, especially if it's plastic. It will most likely get wet, which can cause mold to grow and ruin your precious (and expensive) haircare products. Be sure to clean it out and disinfect it once a week. Image Source: GettyDon't Listen To MusicThe worst thing ever is when you are trying to sleep and someone in the shower down the hall is blasting One Direction. I'm ALL for listening to 1D, but you should consider skipping the shower radio. It's just a little annoying. Image Source: GettyClean up After YourselfI am guilty of dying my hair in the bathroom in college, and I am guilty of leaving a MESS in the shower. I know it's fun to do this, but be sure to clean up after yourself. A lot of people use this bathroom, and you don't want to leave a mess for them, since they will probably leave one for you too. Image Source: Getty
Komentar
Posting Komentar