Vintage 1950s Etched Glass Shower Door Catalog……Dreaming about a Mid Century Bathroom!
December 8, 2015
Vintage 1950s Etched Glass Shower Door Catalog……Dreaming about a Mid Century Bathroom!By Sara In AZ
I’ve been dreaming about vintage etched glass shower doors lately, just like this one that Eartha Kitsch did a post about a while ago.
We have a shower door similar in look to the one above here at the ranch…..minus the cute etched design, ours is just plain textured glass. Our shower door is really in sad shape and it will need to be replaced soon….which led me to day-dreaming about etched glass shower doors. I googled ‘etched glass shower doors’ one day a while back and stumbled across Shannon Howard’s post on an old shower door catalog she had come across when sorting through some paperwork of a relative. You can check out her original post on the catalog here:
Hands Up! Who Loves 1950s Shower Doors?
Shannon had a few scans of the catalog in her post, but I was dying to see more scans of the catalog….so I e-mailed her and begged for scans of the whole catalog! Luckily, the catalog is not huge! Shannon e-mailed me right back to let me know she would send scans asap. Well, I knew as soon as I saw the scans of the catalog I just had to share the whole catalog with our readers here too……so without further ado let’s check out the St. Louis Shower Door Catalog!
I am literally dying over that fish bathtub enclosure!!!!!! Squee!!!!!!
I adore that tag “Distinctive designs and accessories for added charm”. Which makes me ponder whatever happened to designing things with “charm”? Where has all the charm gone in the decorating of modern times? It’s just sad.
Shannon even had the original price list from 1953!!!! SO cool!
And, if you are listening St. Louis Shower Door Company……I’d like to put my order in now for a shower door with Velex glass, the #2 Scroll and the Tropical Fish motif!
Thanks again for the scans Shannon, I really do appreciate it! And if you have a minute check out Shannon’s blog…..STL Homes With Soul…..she is a realtor in St.Louis and loves mid century homes just as much as we all do!
Komentar
Posting Komentar