A DIY Shower Curtain

IMG_7787

What do you get when you mix a roll of brown and white grosgrain ribbon with a waffle weave extra-long shower curtain?IMG_7785

Something really special and pretty for a newly done bathroom.  I found this ribbon at  Hobby Lobby and after seeing this Target extra-long shower curtain that Young House Love used in their bathroom, I had to order one for my new bath.  I’m liking the simplicity of this waffle weave fabric and I didn’t want a plain normal sized shower curtain for this room.  The ceilings in here are 9 feet, so the extra tall just looks better in this space. IMG_7938

My niece, Lauren, was sweet and monogrammed the middle of it for me on her handy-dandy machine.  Love it, thank you, Lauren!  That’s my Christmas present and I couldn’t be happier with it.  So, all I did was lay out the shower curtain, measured in 6 inches (thought that was a good amount in) and started laying out the ribbon.  I used the lines in the waffle fabric to follow a straight line, gluing with fabric glue as I went along.  When I got to a corner, I did a simple miter cut.IMG_7790

Glue those corners together and keep on going!  You will probably do a better job with your corners than I did, but I figured no one is going to inspect this thing now that it’s hung up.  If you spend a little time on it, you can get those corners lined up pretty well.  Mine are definitely not perfect.IMG_7939

Now it’s hung up and I think it looks fabulous!  A great way to add some extra pizazz to a plain shower curtain. IMG_7940

After it’s hung, you may need to go back and add a little fabric glue under some edges.  But, mine stuck pretty well. IMG_7941

I love the extra length on this. IMG_7942

I’ll even show you the boo-boo I did.  I started at the top left corner, came down, across, and up and back across and realized my measurement was off on my first corner, so I had to add a small little piece of ribbon back in for both pieces of ribbon to meet on the miter.  Math was never my strong suit, but I can live with it.  If you come to my house, don’t stare at the top of my shower curtain, please! 🙂  It’s not that noticeable.  If I feel like it, I will pick up another roll of ribbon and redo this strip, but I’m not counting on that.  Did I tell you I’m not a perfectionist most of the time?  I can live with “good enough”.

So, have you got a plain shower curtain that could use some pretty ribbon?  my inspiration from this was from my other guestbath shower curtain, where I bought a black and white monogrammed curtain from Ballard’s. I figured I could add my own border with this pretty brown and white grosgrain ribbon and I do believe it looks just as good as the Ballard’s original, if not better. IMG_7952The waffle weave shower curtain came from Target online for about $25.00, well worth the price for the extra long version.

Go ahead and make that plain shower curtain a little more swanky!

I’m joining Kimba’s DIY Day.

Southern Living Christmas 2009 Book winner:

The very lucky winner of the Southern Living book giveaway is Sarah Robbins at Our Cozy Robbins Nest.  Congrats, Sarah!!  Hope you enjoy that Christmas book next year.


image
image

- Rhoda

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

How to Install the KBRS Tile-Basin®

Tile Ideas for Your Kitchen or Bathroom

Republican leader: Keeping transgender men out of girl’s bathrooms is an ‘awful idea’ | News