How to fix a leaking bathtub diverter? - plumbing delta shower

I've got a Delta three-handle faucet in our bathtub, and recently the diverter assembly broke. When I took the diverter apart, this part was broken in half.

I purchased a new diverter, installed it with silicon grease, and taped the escutcheon with teflon tape for good measure before re-installing the diverter.The diverter now works — I can get water to the shower or tub faucet — but when I run any water, there's now a leak behind the wall. (It drips down through our dining ceiling room below the upstairs bath.)Are there any likely causes for this kind of leak? I'd be delighted to hear that I might've mis-installed the new diverter cartridge, for example.I'm less thrilled to get behind the tile, since there's no access panel, and I don't have a lot of money for a plumber's visit at the moment.
posted by jacob to Home & Garden (5 answers total)

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

How to Install the KBRS Tile-Basin®

Tile Ideas for Your Kitchen or Bathroom

Republican leader: Keeping transgender men out of girl’s bathrooms is an ‘awful idea’ | News