Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions Or Which Lotions Work Best For Mild Eczema? Aveeno Doesn't Work!...


[deleted account]

Quoting Shanda:

This is going to sound weird, but I have a friend, and she has tried everything on her son. She has found that Crisco, the lard not oil, has worked wonders. She puts it on him the night before and clean him up in the morning. I hope that helps.

The Crisco might work well.  I had a Dr. actually recommend it for a problem my daughter was having when she was very young, and it worked like a charm.  According to the doc, it was pretty useful for a variety of skin conditions.  Can you imagine I actually had to send it to school with her in a little tub with the Dr.'s "prescription" attached?!

[deleted account]

I use this kind of hard-to-find cream called Resinol.  You may have to ask your pharmacist to order it for you, but it isn't a prescription.  It's a mixture of calamine, zinc oxide, & resorcinol and is made by the Mentholatum Co.  If you know a mom & pop pharmacy, they might even have it on hand; that's usually where I find it, but I have had it ordered by a chain pharmacy before.   Good luck!

[deleted account]

This is going to sound weird, but I have a friend, and she has tried everything on her son. She has found that Crisco, the lard not oil, has worked wonders. She puts it on him the night before and clean him up in the morning. I hope that helps.

Marilyn - posted on 01/31/2009

My baby is 7months and her doctor recommended her Aquaphor and aveno lotion. Doctor also recommended not to use baby soap to use dove or aveno. I hope this can help.

Michaela - posted on 01/31/2009

Hi, I found that 'Hemp Body Butter' from the body shop worked wonders on my girl

Kim - posted on 01/31/2009

Try a little hydrocortizone.  1% for infants/toddlers.  

Angela - posted on 01/31/2009

Quoting [no name]:

Does anyone have any suggestions or which lotions work best for mild eczema? Aveeno doesn't work!


My son had that for over a month before I finally talked with my grandmother about it. She said all I have to do is forget all those creams and lotions and just put the baby oil on his skin. I smothered it on his arms and legs and cheeks every night after his bath and within a week, it was all cleared up.  He hasn't had a problem with it that bad since. :)

Angela - posted on 01/31/2009

Ive been using Spectro for kids it is for eczema works great!

Jennifer - posted on 01/31/2009

I use Melaleuca Renew on my son's eczema. It is fantastic! You have to buy it through someone (like you would buy Avon) or you can get it on eBay.

Carrie - posted on 01/31/2009

Gentle Naturals Baby Eczema Cream. This stuff is like a miracle! I use it on my eczema too! My daughter gets it on her back pretty bad and using this for a day or two clears it right up. It is thick and has no scent to it. You can get it at Walgreens or Target (and probably other places). They have a line of products, another which I love are the natural teething drops. They are excellent too!

[deleted account]

Sudocream is the best..my son has had severe eczema on his legs arms and torso since the age of 6 weeks old,he is now almost 7 years old and I have found rubbing sudocream(in a grey plastic jar) on his eczema and applying a damp cold cloth over the top of cream absorbs the heat from the eczema out and clears it up very quick..Works for us!

Patricia - posted on 01/31/2009

my son has eczema and after trying everything i found the best thing to use is sudocrem because of its zinc oxide. and when ever he sweats alot i find it clears up as well i hope this helps you out. good luck

Shannon - posted on 01/31/2009

We use a range of products called Alpha Keri. They have lotion which I use twice a day and also have Wash and Bath Oil. We have had no break outs since using these products

Gadija - posted on 01/31/2009

Quoting [no name]:

Does anyone have any suggestions or which lotions work best for mild eczema? Aveeno doesn't work!


try lenovate

Marissa - posted on 01/31/2009

Also, if you're breastfeeding...you may want to try taking dairy products out of your diet....that made a huge difference for my son.

Marissa - posted on 01/31/2009

Wow, this is a popular subject...Yeah, Aveeno does not work.  What worked best for my baby was to moisturize with Eucerin (original, not baby) after his baths and in the morning I would apply hydrocortizone to the eczema patches (but not on his face).  If it was really bad I wouldn't use soap...I would use Cetaphil's soapless wash instead.  Cetaphil also makes a good lotion.  For hardcore eczema, hydrocortisone may not work but Trimecimelone (sp?) will work.

Emma - posted on 01/31/2009

My 3 year old boy has had eczema since he was 1, sometimes its wild some time its bad, I found oilatium Bath oil always works the best, just alittle amount in every bath, strangely enough I found Aveeno didn't work at first but I kept on with it 2-3 times a day and now my son's skin is much softer and he doesn't stratch nearly as much... if still no joy go to your dr's and get some wild hydrocortisone cream. hope this helps, good luck.

Lucy - posted on 01/31/2009

Arbonne! Hello! 

Gina - posted on 01/30/2009

Quoting [no name]:

Does anyone have any suggestions or which lotions work best for mild eczema? Aveeno doesn't work!
try Eucerin, after a bath.  Thats what we use, all my kids have eczema as do I

Rachel - posted on 01/30/2009

www.arbonne.com  really good stuff!  gentle enough for babies, especially with eczema.  besides there's stuff there too for mom's and once you use it you will never go back.

User - posted on 01/30/2009

My son has mild eczema. A friend of mine has it also and she told me to put Vicks Vapor Rub on his places at night. I did this after he went to sleep and in two days it was gone. When I see a flair up I just put it on that night and he hasn't had a problem in 2 yrs. She had gone to the dermatologist and had tried all kinds of meds and this worked great. We also had tried Aveeno with no satisfaction. Good luck!

User - posted on 01/30/2009

My daughter has terrible eczema. It gets to the point where it's so dry that it bleeds. Our doctor said that most eczema is allergy related. He gave us some singulair granules to mix with applesauce once a day. We use that and then put a little hydrocortizone 1% on a few times a day. It has done wonders for her. Oatmeal baths really help to soothe the skin too.

[deleted account]

I found Prevex to be the only one that worked for my little girl. It comes in a small tube, just ask your pharmacist.

Samantha - posted on 01/30/2009

I have had eczema for years, and my daughters have it now. What has worked for me is Lubriderm mixed with Hydrocortizone Ointment (Max Strength). Just a small amt of the ointment. You have to be consistent about using it though, 2 times a day at least.

User - posted on 01/30/2009

Vanicream is a great cream. You have to ask the pharmacist for it.

Kristi - posted on 01/30/2009

My little girl had eczema very badley I took her to this awsome Doctor, He told me to go to the pharmacy and get a cream called Prevex, its a lilttle expensive, about $15 a bottle, and then to bath her in a baby oatmeal bath, also a humidifier in her room at nite time to add moisture, We did that for about a week and it went away, westill do it whenever we notice her skin getting a little dry, and it keeps it away too!

Angela - posted on 01/30/2009

Dove white for sensitive skin, bathing every other day and actually a prescribed lotion (fluticasone) Mfg:Pharmderm No dryer sheets and washing their clothes in clothes detergent that has no dyes or perfumes.

Erika - posted on 01/30/2009

My son has eczema around his waist.  Can you believe he is allergic to the metal nickel?  This is the type of metal used in the button on pants and when he was younger, he would have such a terrible rash that would often bleed due to so much stratching.  I was not really happy about the idea but at this point seeing him so miserable I was willing to try anything.  i took him to the doctor and he gave steriod cream. He had given me other types of cream like aveeno, but that didin't worked at all.   I would put some of the steriod cream  on a huge bandaid and cover the rash and allow it to soak in the wound.  A day or two would pass and it would go away.  He would have so much relief after that and he would ask me to put some on when he felt it was coming back.  Now he is 11 and has mastered the technique,  He makes sure he tucks his shirt in so the metal wont touch his skin.

Lisa - posted on 01/30/2009

A combo of hydrocortisone ointment and aquaphor ointment applied liberally every day should do the trick. Good luck.

Liz - posted on 01/30/2009

maximum strength cetaphil works best for my kids but you have to find it first google it see where have it.

[deleted account]

Cetaphil... My sister's baby has eczema and she says it is really working!

Amy - posted on 01/30/2009

Try Cerave followed by Aquaphor.

User - posted on 01/30/2009

Eucerin does seem to help, but it tends to be very thick and kids don't care for it much. Although Eucerin does have a new cream that isn't as thick...the bottle says "soothing essentials" on it. Also, you can ask your pharmacist...they have creams & lotions that are over the counter, but you have to ask them for it. If these don't work then I would suggest seeing a dermatologist. Good luck.

Lori - posted on 01/30/2009

Eucerin seemed to really work on my daughter.

Kate - posted on 01/30/2009

we got a prescription from our doc that works wonders.  check with them...

[deleted account]

I have found that Eucerin, creme, not lotion (sold in the tub) works well. You can ut it on after a shower/bath, before skin is completely dry and it literally seals in the moisture to the skin. Try it!

Tammy - posted on 01/30/2009

I have used everything, but I have found that Johnson's softlotion (24 hour moisture) in the white bottle with the pink lid works best. It is hard to find, but most Wal-mart stores carry it. It looks very similar to the creamy baby oil so read the label carefully.

Rebecca - posted on 01/30/2009

Both of my daughters have mild eczema.  I took my oldest to a pediatric dermatologist and she suggested aquaphor lotion after a warm bath every night.  You have no longer than 3 minutes to lube them up after they get out of the bath (other wise the bath dries their skin out instead of moistening it).  Also, rarely use soap - and if you do, use Dove.  We also use Cortaid on their red ithcy patches.  Hope that helps!

Nicole - posted on 01/30/2009

you should try Cetaphil or Keri

Carrie - posted on 01/30/2009

I am 26 years old and have had eczema my entire life and my 9 year old step daughter has it as well.  I agree that lotion alone will not work.  My daily regimen includes a lukewarm (never hot as it makes problems worse) bath or shower.  Bath is never more than 10 minutes.  Shower can be a little longer because I'm not soaking.  I use Dove soap and rinse very well.  I use Extra Emolient Night Cream by Mary Kay on the spots that have broken out.  It's a lot like Vaseline so a little goes a long way.  I then put Aveeno lotion (works best for me) all over my body.  I have also used Eucerin, Lubriderm and Curel and they work well.  I wash all of our clothes in laundry detergent that specifically says FREE AND CLEAR.  No dyes or perfumes.  On occasion I have to put my daughter in an Aveeno bath for about 15 minutes to soothe her skin.  If you are miserable, it works well.  Always pat your body dry.  Never rub and treat skin immediately after bath.

Angel - posted on 01/30/2009

Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E

Georgie - posted on 01/30/2009

Try Cetaphil, it's very mild and doesn't sting! Also, Bag Balm.

Jessica - posted on 01/30/2009

Mustela Stelatopia from BRU

Christine - posted on 01/30/2009

my daughter had eczema and i saw a dermatogist he said to use deermaveeen bath lotion you can by it at the chemist and it worked grate on her i also no a lady whos daughter had bad eczema and she used the same stuff u use on soricess and that was the only thing that worked for her i hope u find something soon that works good luck.

[deleted account]

My twins have ecxema, it was pretty bad. A short bath, useing Cetaphil body wash and then putting vaseline on their body has taken care of it.

Lydia - posted on 01/30/2009

i dont know if you heard of butt paste well the line of products have a lotion but the lotion is not like all the other lotions. it has vaseline in it. it works better than Aveeno. alot better.

Sheryl - posted on 01/30/2009

me and my daughter suffer eczema and my father inlaw gave me advice to put vaseline on the problem and by morning it should be cleared, so where exactly is she/he having the problems?

Cristy - posted on 01/30/2009

Aquaphor twice a day!

Kellie - posted on 01/30/2009

you could try hydrocortosone

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

How to Install the KBRS Tile-Basin®

Tile Ideas for Your Kitchen or Bathroom

Republican leader: Keeping transgender men out of girl’s bathrooms is an ‘awful idea’ | News