Spa Sleepover Turbie Twist Cupcakes
Welcome back!
My tween experienced a rite of passage this weekend. It was her 11th birthday, and either I am totally insane or the coolest mom ever, but she had a spa sleepover birthday party with 5 of her friends. I survived, and the girls had a blast. I will share all of the fun, crafty details in future posts, but here is a sneak peak at one of our crafty gift ideas for the guests.
You all know that I like to wrap unexpected things into cupcakes shapes. I have given baby onesies and sock cupcakes as baby shower gifts, I have wrapped tween-sized tanks and socks into cupcakes, and I found it only fitting for a Spa Sleepover birthday party, to roll hair towel wraps and elastic hairbands into cupcakes for our party guests.
I found a 6-pack of Turbie Twists on eBay. Then, I hot glued small pom poms onto small elastic hairbands. I rolled them into the center of each cupcake with the craft pom pom sticking out of the top. Then I secured the cupcake roll with a large elastic headband. I finished off the cupcake with a cute cupcake pick at the top, and a large cupcake wrapper that I cut out with my Cricut machine.
Spa Sleepover cupcakes craft" src="http://club.chicacircle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Spa-Sleepover-cupcakes-craft.jpg" width="600" height="1050" />
Each girl had their own Spa Sleepover Cupcake to use at our homemade spa, and then they were able to take them home. They were a big hit!
Here is a sneak peak at the birthday enjoying her foot bath, face mask, and a little pampering.
SPA sleepover birthday party" src="http://club.chicacircle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/TWEEN-SPA-sleepover-birthday-party.jpg" width="600" height="980" />
Full details to come. Until then, I’m thinking it’s time for a nap. = )
Hope everyone has had a great President’s Day weekend!
Happy crafting!
If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.
Komentar
Posting Komentar